When traveling to Alaska it is always good to be prepared for any type of weather that you come across. Alaska can be unpredictable; it can be sunny one moment, and windy and rainy the next. Always come prepared for anything.
If you have never been to Alaska, here is a list of items that you should never travel with out!
- Xtratuf, known as Juneau tennis shoes. Never leave home with out these Alaska style rain boots. You can either fold the tops down to show off the cute design the Salmon Sisters have created, or you can unfold them and use them for wading through puddles, a stroll through the rain, or beach combing.
2. Always, always, always have a rain jacket with you! You never know when the rain could bless you with it’s presents. My favorite rain jacket to have for emergencies is the Patagonia Houdini jacket. It folds up into its own pocket and easy to pack in a backpack or purse.
3. You never know what the temperature is going to be in Alaska. Always be prepared. One of my favorite layinger pieces is Patagonia’s Nano Air Light Hybrid Jacket. It can be good for cool temperatures or for a light summer breeze.
4. Make sure to bring along a backpack that is either waterproof or water-resistant. Backpacks are great for carrying everything you need for a day trip. You can bring it on day hikes, boat rides, or any adventure you decide to embark on during your time in Alaska.
5. Bring a camera and always have it with you! You never know when wildlife might make an appearance.